Thursday 24 July 2014

Can you have a rest day when you don't even exercise?


Today is finally my day off. Day off from attending Uni, my job at Uni, my other casual job and as of last night tutoring for VCE Psychology but most importantly it is my day off from waking up at 5-6am and boy did it feel good to sleep in past 9am.

I don't take enough time to be grateful for all the opportunities that i have been given and this week really opened my eyes to the possibilities of what i am truly capable of. I don't know why or how i became bound by a set of restrictions that i set for myself but all i know is that i hated them, every single moment of the day there was a part of me that hated that i doubted myself. I woke up Monday morning, not bright eyed or bushy tailed but rather zombie like, knowing that this will possible be one of the hardest most testing weeks so far. I believe that when you are given an opportunity you must make it your duty to do everything perfectly, maybe thats because I'm on the verge of being a perfections or whatever, and I'm so incredibly hard on myself and create this extra amount of stress and almost anxiety to maintain this. But on Monday morning i somehow let it all go. I mean, i was still striving for excellence, i don't think ill every be able to let that go really, why should i aim for anything lower? However, i woke up as a new me, in a cliche kind of way, and accepted that i am so blessed to be alive, happy and heading towards becoming a successful business woman with an amazing partner and family beside me.

So, now that i have completed this week, my 'rest day' will be filled with planning for next week when it all starts again while i inhale the sweet sweet fragrence of my Glasshouse candle (my goodness it is just that good) and play with my puppy.

I passed this week, with flying colours because i wanted to and i couldn't be prouder.

GR xx

No comments:

Post a Comment